General Outdoor Tips
- Wash your car on the lawn and water your grass at the same time.
- Use a hose nozzle or turn off the water while you wash your car and save up to 100 gallons.
- Bathe your pets outdoors in an area that needs watering.
- Fish tank water is full of nutrients and can be used to water non-edible plants.
- When changing water in your pet’s bowls, use the old water to feed trees or shrubs.
- Clean patios, driveways and sidewalks with a broom instead of a hose.
- If you see broken pipes, leaky hydrants and errant sprinklers, report them to the property owners or the Department of Water Supply.