2019 Poster Contest Theme: Water, Our Most Precious Resource
How to enter:
Who: Open to all Hawaiʻi County, kindergarten through fifth grade students
What: 11” x 17” water conservation poster
- Horizontal (landscape format), white poster paper.
- Any media except chalk, charcoal and oil-based crayon.
- Only original artwork (no computer graphics, photographs,
3-D objects) by a single individual (no collaborative work). Plagarism will result in disqualification.
- Please submit poster flat, not rolled.
- Student identification must be clearly listed on the back, bottom right corner of the poster, including Full Name, School, Grade, and Teacher’s Full Name.
- Each poster must be submitted with an accompanying entry form (see back of flyer). If a teacher/parent is submitting multiple entries, only one form per grade is needed.
- Entries should focus on everyday ways to use water wisely & conserve our most precious resource – fresh drinking water (not ocean or bottled water).
When: Deadline: Friday, March 22, 2019 (World Water Day)
Where: All Department of Water Supply (DWS) offices islandwide
- Entries can be mailed or dropped off at any of our DWS Offices islandwide: Hilo, Kona, Waimea and Kaʻū (see entry form for location information).
Why: We all need to do our part to protect our island water resources.
- Let’s learn to conserve our precious water resources for future generations.
- Water is essential for all life and is a limited resource that cannot be replaced.
- Water truly is our most precious resource!
Prizes will be awarded to the top two entries for each grade level. Winning entries become the property of the Department of Water Supply (DWS) and may be reproduced. Non-winning posters may be picked up from the DWS Hilo Office at 345 Kekūanaōʻa Street, Monday through Friday, 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., after May 10, 2019. Entries not picked up by July 30, 2019 will be discarded. For questions or more information, contact (808) 961-8050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.